We're always seeking to connect with great talent! Our team is continually matching outstanding opportunities with the right people. As we provide Executive & Professional Search services to the organizations we partner with, we help highly qualified leaders and professionals achieve their desired career goals.
It’s simple. Please upload your resume along with a summary of your experience and goals here. If your seeking to simply register with our agency please remit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The information you share with us will be held completely confidential.
Please note: We carefully review every resume submitted. We will confirm via email and add your information to our candidate database. Our practice associates will contact you if we require further information or should suitable opportunities arise.
Position Title: Production Manager
This Position Reports to: Plant Manager
Location: Robersonville, NC
Provides overall leadership for manufacturing departments in the areas of safety, productivity, quality, cost, equipment and engagement. Through subordinates, monitors and evaluates the production process and recommends methods to optimize product yields, equipment operation and process control while reducing waste. Engages all employees in continuous improvement and fosters a positive work environment while developing a culture of ownership and
- Manages staff of both hourly and exempt employees
- Interprets safety policies/practices to employees including enforcing safe work practices.
- Manages a staff of direct reports through regular performance reviews and developmental activities to ensure movement toward a high performance / high engagement organization, while assuring effective departmental performance.
- Utilizes available data (line speed target, set-up guidelines, and efficiency and process data) to continuously improve productivity, uptime and reliability. Utilize the above information as a tool to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and product cost.
- Sets clear priorities and align resources to deliver against business and regulatory requirements in the areas of cost, financial controls, and quality, safety and business initiatives.
- Manages product quality by understanding and communicating customer needs to employees and ensuring expectations are consistently met and according to standard work.
- Determines schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Diagnoses equipment, ingredients and packaging issues. Coordinate with Engineering, Maintenance or others as appropriate to solve production-related problems.
- Ensures each manufacturing area is maintained in accordance with SQF standards.
- Ensures security of employees, facilities and information systems by following and enforcing established security procedures.
- Ensures clear and concise communication to all levels in the organization.
- Ensures regular safety inspections are conducted in all manufacturing areas.
- Ensures all manufacturing areas comply with BRC requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Effective listener and team player
- Strong knowledge of food manufacturing, FDA/USDA, OSHA and EPA regulations desired
- Able to work effectively with others, have good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized, critical thinker able to multi-task
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills including experience with SAP and Microsoft Office.
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing mindset with the ability to lead and support multiple projects strongly preferred
Physical Activity and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- 5-7 years of manufacturing experience, with a minimum three years of experience in a management capacity OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in Continuous Improvement / Lean environment
- Food manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers.
- May be required to lift up to 55 lbs.
- This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Practice Associate | Frank CPG Partners
office: 615-239-1352 ; cell: 615-969-4450
; website: www.frankcpg.com
Our agency is in the top 2% of US search firms based on size and revenue, and we specialize exclusively in CPG and food/ingredient industry recruitment. Over 93% of our first search engagement clients request that we assist them with additional needs. Our clients benefit from our industry-specific recruitment expertise and our emphasis on identifying local talent while leveraging our national candidate network. We help our clients identify and hire executive and senior leadership level engineering, operations, quality, science & product development, accounting/ finance and sales/marketing talent specific to the CPG and food processing industries. For more information visit www.frankcpg.com.