We're always seeking to connect with great talent! Our team is continually matching outstanding opportunities with the right people. As we provide Executive & Professional Search services to the organizations we partner with, we help highly qualified leaders and professionals achieve their desired career goals.
It’s simple. Please upload your resume along with a summary of your experience and goals here. If your seeking to simply register with our agency please remit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The information you share with us will be held completely confidential.
Please note: We carefully review every resume submitted. We will confirm via email and add your information to our candidate database. Our practice associates will contact you if we require further information or should suitable opportunities arise.
Packaging Design Engineer - Cosmetics
Seeking an experienced and innovative Packaging Design Engineer for a leading manufacturer of cosmetics and personal care products in the Fort Lauderdale area.
The Packaging Design Engineer will oversee the development and engineering of new, innovative packaging solutions, collaboratively with Marketing, Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
Key Success Factors:
- Partner closely with Marketing and Design to bring innovative, new products and packaging to market meeting brand/business requirements.
- Support the conceptualization, initiation, development and implementation of new and improved packages and processes including: design generation, prototype development, engineering specifications, mold and machinery qualification, functionality and quality testing, and technology transfer.
- Modify the design of packaging systems and packaging components, ensuring defined needs for brand equity aesthetics, consumer acceptance, manufacturing capability, quality and cost are met from the program brief through design, engineering and commercialization
- Create cost and savings estimates, tooling/package qualification plans, technology transfer documentation (Design History Files) and final package component specifications, Bills of Materials, Manufacturing Specifications, case/cube information
- Coordinate line trials to ensure package performance for manufacturing. Attend component and manufacturing startups as needed to ensure proper execution of design & function.
- Responsible for aspects of project management: project planning, capital expenditure management, and technology transfer associated with projects. Manage flow of information, and communicate project timelines, costs, and associated risks.
- Mentor and train Junior Engineers.
Please apply for prompt consideration.
- BS/BA degree in Mechanical Engineering or Package Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience preferred in package development or engineering, in the Health & Beauty industry
- Material science knowledge of plastics, labels, printing and decoration techniques
- Knowledge of bottle and tube filling line processes/specifications and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of injection molding (e.g.: PET preforms, flip top caps); flexible packaging (tubes, sachets)
- Knowledge of packaging operations, processes and equipment
- Knowledge of paperboard packaging and corrugate
- Project Management skills with experience leading cross functional teams
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse cultures and global partners
- Experience initiating and leading continuous improvement teams and plans
- Demonstrate strong documentation skills (e.g. Test reports, specifications, etc.)
- Experience using SAP or other ERP software and/or plant-related computer systems
Search Director | Frank CPG Partners
Identifying Exceptional People in Food, Beverage and CPG