West Regional Environmental Affairs & Safety Director
- Assist all Facility Environmental Coordinators with environmental regulatory compliance issues including, but not limited to wastewater, air emissions and storm water permitting and compliance assurance documentation. This includes the preparation and/or review of required environmental regulatory report submissions and environmental permit applications and conducting annual environmental regulatory compliance reviews.
- Assist all Facility Environmental Coordinators in achieving and surpassing company Sustainability Goals. This includes assisting all Environmental Coordinators in conducting facility water, energy, and waste management reviews, developing project scope documentation, project management and project completion documentation, monthly WebMetrics report submissions, and Environmental/Sustainability Awards application submissions. This includes value creation initiatives: working in partnership with strategic sourcing, engineering and operations to deliver efficiency and engineering cost savings initiatives.
- Assist all Facility Environmental Coordinators to ensure conformance with the ISO 14001:2015 Standard by instituting, maintaining and continually improving their facility’s Environmental Management System (EMS) including performing annual EMS Internal Audits.
- Assist Facility Environmental Coordinators to write, review and revise the following documents, as applicable: Asbestos O&M, Risk Management Plan, Emergency Response Plan, Chemical Handling/Spill Slug Control Plan, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Lead Based Paint Operations, Environmental Permit Tracking/Compliance Plan, Water and Energy Conservation Plans, Zero Landfill Implementation Plans, Wetland Mitigation and Destruction Prevention, and New Chemical Approval.
- Assist Facility Environmental Coordinators in training applicable facility personnel on above named plans, as applicable.
- Assist Facility Environmental Coordinators to complete and submit environmental permit compliance documentation and environmental permit applications to agencies in timely manner to ensure no lapse in environmental compliance or permit coverage.
- Assist Facility Environmental Coordinators to implement, maintain, and improve EMS programs, conduct annual EMS Internal Audits and review and assist with implementation of Corrective Actions and Objectives, Targets, and Environmental Management Programs.
- Assist Facility Environmental Coordinators to ensure complete, accurate and timely WebMetrics incident notification and monthly report submissions.
- Reporting to upper management on environmental items as requested.
- Schedules regulatory reviews with facilities to ensure compliance and promote relations with the community and other parties.
- Assist in developing training programs for Company's Environmental Conferences.
- Follow company policies and report non-compliance within the facility to appropriate individuals for correction and or re-training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Environmental Engineering or related field and 10+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Capability to synthesize data from multiple resources to build actionable recommendations.
- Mathematical, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Regulatory Compliance experience.
- Ability to develop a new way of thinking to drive innovative ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and achieve effective time management.
- Knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite: including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to travel at least 50%
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Managing Partner | Frank CPG
Executive Search & Recruitment | Food & Consumer Packaged Goods
Operations, FSQA, R&D/Technical Services, Engineering, Regulatory, Finance, HR, Sales/Marketing
Direct: 615.653.4683 | Mobile: 615.305.7148
Specialists in Food & CPG Manufacturing industry recruitment. Our clients & candidates benefit from our industry specific recruitment expertise while leveraging our national employer/candidate network. We help identify and hire c-suite, engineers, operation/production management, quality/food safety specialists, food & product development scientists, accountants/finance, sales leaders and marketing professionals.