Position Title: Director of Branded and Bulk Snack Sales
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Work Remotely
Position is responsible for establishing sales strategies/tactics, and leading all branded, bulk, and regional private label sales activity. This role is also responsible for direct relationships at the largest/most strategic Retail Customers on a national basis.
- Executes corporate strategy with regard to brand, bulk, and regional private label development to achieve annual business plan
- Provides direction/leadership to broker personnel and internal trade development team
- Demonstrates leadership and complete understanding of the annual planning process; focuses on both core distribution gains and key innovation
- Utilizes available tools to manage entire trade plan and provide accurate sales forecasts
- Comprehends and works with appropriate business tools to identify opportunities, build sales presentations and achieve sales and profitability targets
- Works closely with General Manager, Marketing Director, Director of Branded and Bulk Candy Sales, Branded Sales Support and Production to develop customer specific marketing programs, merchandising concepts, custom displays and promotional programs.
- Provides clear direction to broker partners for administrative, analytics tasks
- Collects sales data, understands merchandising/category management, delivery requirements and investigates and resolves customer problems/complaints.
- Works with Credit Department to resolve issues and meet requirements.
- Researches market conditions for each customer to determine potential sales volume
- Analyzes competitive pricing, promotions, marketing strategies and reports accurately
- Coordinates own schedule and maintains a home office as necessary
- Composes appropriate written sales correspondence for all levels
- Represents the company in a positive and professional manner
- Following up with existing customers ensuring they have the resources necessary to increase product sales.
- Attends internal management meetings and trade shows as necessary.
- 2-year associates degree, preferably in business
- Sales background, preferably in the snack industry
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Must be a team player and able to work in a fluid environment
- Excellent judgment and reasoning abilities
- Basic computer skills (email, internet, Work, Excel, etc.)
- Travel is required with this position (50% - 60%). When traveling, take all necessary precautions to ensure safe travel and accommodations.
- Attend safety trainings
- Follow all safety instructions
- Report any injuries or near miss accidents to supervisor
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions to supervisor
- Wear required PPE, including hearing protection and slip resistant shoes where necessary
- Ensure work areas are clean and free of debris.
- Follow all GMPs and food safety instructions
- Report food safety non-conformances to the Quality Department
- Must be healthy enough to travel domestically and internationally
- Able to work in a general office environment and at trades hows