Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Faison, NC
Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department which oversees the site facilities, production equipment maintenance, MRO stores and utilities functions while ensuring cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, safety and environmental standards are met. Included are responsibilities for budget planning, maintenance planning & scheduling, capital projects and managing external contractors.
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective management of maintenance processes and activities to maximize equipment reliability and asset preservation.
- Manages production requirements and day-to-day operational issues. Ensure training and appropriate certification for existing and new equipment, up-to-date maintenance techniques or regulatory compliance. Ensures work orders are addressed in order or priority. Ensure Safety Audit are prioritized and completed.
- Create manage, and track budget accounts for electricity, water, sewer, machinery supplies, outside services and maintenance labor. Manage monthly maintenance reports and departmental budget responsibilities and addresses any variances/discrepancies.
- Drive continuous improvements, by working with engineers, supervisors and management team to assure development, feasibility and implementation of capital project.
- Provide regular feedback to employees and management staff (20% of the time).
- Analysis reporting tied to key department metrics (15% of the time).
- Ability to drive continuous improvements (10% of the time).
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues (30% of the time).
- Monitor capital projects (15% of the time).
- Continually update facility drawings to ensure accuracy (10% of the time)
Education and Experience:
- Adaptability to change, business and financial critical thinking, fosters cross-unit collaboration and builds and facilitates teamwork to get results. Focuses on achieving goals and holds self and others accountable.
- Ability to use multiple communications strategies to gain support and commitment. Develop others to take proactive approach to problem solving and prevention. Strategic capabilities to ensure short-term activities support long-term strategic, organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required Degree in Engineering or related field
- 3 - 4 years supervisory experience
Specific Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to effectively convey and follow instructions
- Ability to effectively multi-task, manage time, set schedules, prioritize assignments and maintain accountability.
- Self-starter who requires minimal direct supervision, with the ability to obtain necessary information to make decisions.
- Strong leadership to effectively work and interact with other providing guidance when necessary.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- MS Office. Proficient use of computer programs and software; Auto CAD, PLC programming and PSM experience would be a plus.
- Experience in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Experience working with outside contractors
- Project management