The Innovation Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the strategic vision and working strategies surrounding both close-in and breakthrough innovation. This includes leadership of innovation platform development as well as contributing as a valued member of the Marketing Team that is responsible for crafting and implementing a multi-year innovation strategy. The position will work closely with leaders of Marketing, Insights, R&D, Business Management, Supply Chain and Sales to champion key innovation initiatives.
This role will balance consumer voice and category insights to inform the pipeline fill process and to drive the development and execution of key innovation platforms. An advocate for big thinking and new ideas that meet overall business needs and fulfills void in the marketplace.
The Innovation Marketing Manager will be accountable for achieving agreed upon innovation milestones and project objectives across channels that support the Annual Operating Plan and the Long-Term Innovation Strategy.
- Provide critical support in the development of the 3 - 5 year innovation vision and pipeline including platform identification, ideation and pipeline prioritization and management.
- Lead the development of key innovation platforms, including concept validation, product development, testing and validation while supporting the go-to-market team through product commercialization and launch.
- Partners with marketing and insights teams to leverage brand positioning, consumer segmentations and demand landscapes to identify consumer need states and white space opportunities
- Partners with other functional areas to quickly build and test viable new products concepts.
- Lead the assessment of new innovation opportunities, including business case assessment, profitability targets, concept development & testing for both close-in line extensions and breakthrough blue-sky projects.
- Key contributor to multiple project teams consisting of Marketing, R&D, Procurement, Regulatory, Finance and Operations through the Stage-Gate process to deliver key new product initiatives, with a blend of disciplined management practices an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Where needed, assist in the preparation and facilitation of monthly Innovation Leadership Team meetings.
- Champion innovation and its best practices, across the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from a regionally accredited college or university in Marketing or related field and 5+ years of related experience and/or training; required.
- MBA in Marketing, or related field, and 2 or more years of consumer marketing experience with a CPG company in food, preferred.
- Experience managing a budget for a brand and working in a cross-function environment.
- Experience working with syndicated data.
- Experience commercializing new products and line extensions.
- Experience in consumer goods industry in the areas of Marketing, Advertising, Sales Promotion, and Sales preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Power point and Excel, required.
- Understanding of brand management disciplines, key marketing strategies, media and selling dynamics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to prioritize projects and produce high quality and quantity outputs that adds value to the company, required.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, required.
- Up to 15% travel may be required for this position.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment