Our client, an established contract manufacturer of personal care and cosmetic products, has more than doubled in size within the past year. They are seeking an experienced Vice President of Research & Development to drive innovation and product development within skincare and color cosmetics. Director of R&D Overview
Oversee development of ongoing product pipeline while providing leadership and support to the Research and Development team.Key Success Factors:
- Ideate and present new product concepts to SVP and Senior Management.
- Identify needs and portfolio gaps.
- Initiate competitive reviews of worldwide cosmetic activity, and maintain pulse on key emerging trends.
- Seek out and utilize consumer insights to drive innovation.
- Lead Makeup Product Development team throughout NPL process, partnering cross functionally with Marketing, R&D, Packaging, Education, Public Relations, Creative, and Quality Control.
- Present new product presentations (e.g. Product Turnovers) with R&D to Consumer Relations, Training, Creative, and International Groups.
- Direct R&D in the detailed development of new or reformulated products.
- Oversee product and claims testing. Initiate, track and report all test results.
- Review all PR bulletins, Education bulletins and Copy for alignment of communication as it was intended with development and ensure accuracy of content.
- Collaborate with chemists and technicians to develop highest quality formulas.
- Help design consumer test to ensure product quality.
- Minimum a BS in chemistry or related science; MBA Preferred
- 15+ years of product development and project management experience.
- Previous experience in Pharma, Cosmetics, food, medical device, or allied profession
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and other Windows-based programs
- Strategic partner heavily impacting the growth and direction of a flourishing company.
- Competitive salary, bonus incentive and health benefits package.
- Privately-owned company with minimum red tape.
- Thriving culture with a family feel.