Responsible for all facets of operation of plant during shift. Safety, product quality, customer service, and maintenance and production costs are the main focus of this position. Daily management of shift personnel is required. Follow all company protocols pertaining to food safety and employee safety
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have an acceptable background check and a negative pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in dairy plant operations preferred
- Food processing maintenance experience.
- Prefer 2 years of experience in membrane processing.
- Experience with HTST.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements for food processing, dairy preferred.
- Knowledge of milk or whey membranes.
- Knowledge of Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO).
- Detail oriented, team member, quick problem solver.
- Strong, honest work ethic with ability to handle multiple tasks daily.
- Ability to provide organization to all plant activities.
- Ability to identify the problem and develop corrective action plan.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Provide processing supervision for plant operation while on duty.
- Ensure adherence to all company protocols pertaining to food safety.
- Properly train personnel in position responsibilities.
- Assist in development of a plant processing team that is effective in realizing the maximum effectiveness and efficiencies of a plant.
- Provide a safe place to work through enforcement of safety programs.
- Produce the highest quality dairy products within the industry.
- Monitor and control butterfat and protein loss based on specs outlined.
- Assist with all record keeping for shift insuring accuracy and performance.
- Coordinate repairs and scheduled maintenance with maintenance staff and/or contractors
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments of products
- Monitor chemical usage and testing during cleaning.
- Scheduling of personnel and management of labor costs.
- Responsible for food safety
- Other related duties as assigned.