Responsible for facility operations and management to include marketing and originating grain, building positive relations with local producers, merchandising local truck markets and overseeing facility operations and accounting functions. The key objective of this position is to safely and profitably manage a facility, while executing origination strategies and coordinating logistics in support of the company strategy.
• Implements and executes marketing and origination plan within area in line with overall company origination strategy to include origination history, forecasting and goal setting.
• Responsible for implementing, developing and evaluating appropriate skills within the origination process to ensure needs and positioning of appropriate solutions.
• Demonstrates strong understanding of grain origination products and services.
• Assists producers in diversifying price risk through company products and services.
• Responsible for the overall origination performance of assigned location(s).
• Regularly attends and participates in internal grain/economic market meetings.
• Identifies, evaluates, leverages and grows the origination and local truck market business internally and externally through market share, customer base and volume.
• Partners with product line leads/gateway leads to ensure proper execution of grain trading strategy.
• Optimizes internal and local external contacts to predict business requirements and to develop new opportunities by creating alliances in new local area truck markets.
• Provides effective training, development and retention of employees to include training on marketing and origination products and services.
• Manage the planning and direction of facility operations to attain optimum utilization of machinery, materials and labor in order to achieve optimum capacity, yields and overall cost reduction.
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations regarding occupational health and safety.
• Ensure that daily operations meet all standards and operational schedules.
• Motivates the team to improve quality, safety and cost performance.
• Daily activities include logistics management of commodity contracts, customer/supplier communications for the purpose of purchasing of the specific commodity, local market analysis activity, and accounts receivable management.
• Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Finance, Ag Business, Ag Economics or Economics is preferred.
• Experience with P&L management.
• 3-5 years of experience is preferred.
• Aggressive, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
• Excellent communications, computer and public relations skills.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking capabilities.
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
Grain Elevator. Merchandiser / Merchandising Experience preferred.
Search Director | Frank CPG Partners
Identifying Exceptional People in Food, Beverage and CPG