Our client a leading independent bakery is actively seeking a Director of Operations to oversee several manufacturing facilities, leading both strategic and technical operations. This role will be responsible for engaging and driving a positive culture. The ideal candidate has successfully led all operations, quality, safety, and cost initiatives in an automated multisite plant role.
- Formulates or approves short- or long-term operating objectives in areas such as cost reduction, quality, and new product integration as undertaken at the plant level.
- Responsible for the manufacture of safe quality foods that meet the requirements of all regulatory agencies and our customers
- Implements, plans, and schedules to assure achievement of appropriate volume of production ensuring product meets targeted return on assets employed and contribution to sales and profits.
- Defines and directs the administration plant or facility policies within the framework and intent of the company's manufacturing charter.
- Ensures product quality meets established standards and that costs are within budget.
- Assists in the development and implementation of capital plans related to production improvement or expansion.
- Establishes and maintains favorable plant/facility company and community relationships through active participation in community affairs.
- Directs the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness.
- Manages and/or provides appropriate support for support functions such as accounting/finance human resources information technology.
- Directs trains and develops subordinates leadership.
Years of Experience:
10+ years related experience
: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Solid technical knowledge of bakery manufacturing operations and basic understanding of accounting and human resources disciplines.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Lean or Continuous Improvement