Manage and schedule daily plant production, packaging and shipping in an efficient manner providing high quality products to our customers. Ensure all equipment is maintained to ensure operating efficiency. Provide effective leadership to maximize production while maintaining a high degree of employee satisfaction. Manage a shift of 15-25 employees. Night shift working 6p-6a. (Two nights on, two nights off - 48 hours 1 week & 32 hours the next week - Weekend is every other Fri, Sat, Sun)
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Form, develop, and coach an Operating Team.
- Manage daily employee activities such as timekeeping, vacation, overtime, and employee attendance policies.
- Provide performance feedback to employees on a regular basis including performance reviews.
- Assist in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and cost effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas.
- Ensures orders are manufactured according to specifications and quality standards are met.
- Manage policy deployment in the areas of LEAN manufacturing techniques, cost reduction, on-time work order completion, safety, customer satisfaction, and plant performance measures.
- Manage compliance with state and federal agencies.
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Apply personnel practices that adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices standards (GMP).
- Recognize downward performance trends and act on that data to improve performance.
- Gather data and execute a daily strategy, which maximizes product quality and productivity.
- Establish and monitor training goals.
- Ensure initial and recurring training is being accomplished and documented.
- Troubleshoot production problems on a timely basis
- Communicate with other departments to schedule sanitation or maintenance activities.
- Ensure inventory is scanned into and out of the computerized inventory system using hand-held scanners as required
- Ensure required paperwork is completed accurately and completely
- Knowledge and proficiency in our Foods Business Systems as required by position
- Ensure supplies are available for production or packaging.
- Maintain strategic alignment across all shifts.
- Communicate team performance and operation with incoming shift.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding safety standards.
- Investigate all accidents occurring on assigned shift.
- Operate forklift (our certification required).
- Responsible to follow established procedures to ensure that we produces safe, quality food, meeting all governmental regulations.
- Participate and follow established Values: Safety-First, Always, Everything; People-Servant’s heart with a warrior’s spirit; Courage-The integrity to do the right thing; Team-we win through trust and respect; Speed-Nimbly creating solutions.
- Other duties as assigned or directed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required).
- Education level: High school diploma and/or GED required.
- Experience: A minimum of 5-years production and supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Strong leadership skills-ability to engage, motivate and develop both hourly and salaried employees with a range of backgrounds, education, and experience.A natural coach with a servant leadership style.
- Strong decision-making skills with ability to use data and subjective measures to analyze various options to optimize decision that’s best for business.
- Business management experience working with metrics, goals, objectives, budgets, and planning.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, and percentages
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to use specifications, directions for processing or complicated drawings, advanced machine drawings, advanced applied mathematics and handbook formulas.
- Ability to use complicated measuring and testing instruments, including computer hardware and software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 25% of working time, “regularly” means between 26 and 75% of working time, and “frequently” means 76% and more of working time.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, walk, and move from place to place. The employee is occasionally required to sit, use foot/feet to operate machine, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl or reach above shoulders. The employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or touch.
The employee must exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and / or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
The employee may be frequently exposed to allergens and/or airborne particles in the production area. Production employees are exposed to temperatures ranging from 50 to 115 degrees, depending on the season and workstation, and may be working near moving mechanical parts. Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions may occur.
The noise level in the work environment may be loud while production equipment is running.
Personal Protection Equipment (including, but not limited to, boots, gloves, safety glasses, and/or face shields) is required during various processes in the production area. Ear plugs and bump caps are required at all times in the production area.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.