Our client, a prestige brand of high-quality skin care and hair care products, is seeking an experienced Formulation Chemist to lead product innovation by leading product development projects.Key Success Factors:
- Solid working knowledge of raw ingredients to analyze and formulate a wide variety of products
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative skin care products, product improvements, and develop new formulas based on current technology
- Maintain laboratory compliance (GLP)
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Has a passion to explore and innovate with novel raw materials, processing techniques and/or formulations in creative, non-conventional approaches into new products leveraging current consumer insights and needs
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor product stability for formulas
- Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers, external and internal
- Minimum of BA or BS in chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent science
- 7 years (Chemist) of previous formulation experience within skincare and haircare.
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills (oral & written)
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative. Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individual who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus.
- Works well within team environment
- Requires computer proficiency (Word and Excel)
- High impact in a growing company.
- Competitive salary and full benefits package.
- Career growth and development opportunity.