The NPD Manager, with an emphasis on dairy and protein, is a key contributor to innovation process and product commercialization.
The ideal candidate will:
- Develop and drive technical projects to meet business initiatives.
- Lead vendor and flavor house chemists/ scientists on product development projects.
- Collaborate with internal corporate and regional resources to ensure successful technology transferring and commercialization throughout global co-packers and bottlers network
- Act as the dairy and protein expert.
- Provide direction and guidance to internal and external stakeholders
- Accountable for the in-house technical knowledge base to enable a global approach for the dairy and protein platform.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify and scope new ingredients, processes and technology that fit with innovation objectives
- Design project plan from conceptual to commercialization.
- Drive pilot run protocols with flavorhouses and copacker to ensure product stability and formulation approvals
- Communicate product requirements and recommendations to external partners. Lead all activities through all stages from development at vendors’ facility to scaling up and commercializing at co-packers and bottlers.
- Consult on sampling, sensory and analysis of formulations from test runs with the purpose of establishing the right processing. Manage/ design shelf-life tests with external labs if needed.
- Prepare protocol, document and report. Communicate results and partner with Process Engineer to transfer technical knowledge to Regional Technical Project Managers.
- Collaborate with QA and QC departments on ingredients and product testing to meet product quality and safety standards.
- Trouble shoot issues related with batching or raw materials.
- Maintain internal database and educate internal stakeholders in the knowhow of dairy and protein ingredients, product development and processing.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a New Product Development / R&D / Process Engineer for a beverage and food manufacturer. Dairy and protein knowledge and experience, including ingredients, formulation and processing, is required.
Education, Certification, Licenses & Registrations:
- M.S in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related degree. Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Must have strong business acumen and strategic thinking, be able to connect the dots and apply prior learning or scientific principles to innovative solutions.
- Experienced with managing/directing/leading project activities with external vendors & flavor houses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to perform with minimal direction at a high level. Must be team-oriented and willing to work collaboratively.
- Must have demonstrated initiative and desire to work in a dynamic work environment with multiple demands. Must be detailed oriented and organized.
Travel Requirement: approximately 40%, both domestic and international.