The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall performance and operating results of the Maintenance Department at company's largest manufacturing plant. This position provides leadership of the site Maintenance team, with direct reports including Maintenance Supervisors, technicians, clerks and coordinators. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing and improving asset utilization, uptime and production throughout the plant by implementing proven Professional Maintenance and reliability improvement processes. This position ensures responsive and proactive maintenance support to all plant partners by implementing sound work management processes. The Maintenance Manager is accountable for the department budget, professional and technical development of staff, and achieving maintenance metrics. This position is responsible to seek methods to reduce utilities consumption and protect the environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute department goals supporting Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) objectives, including the development and implementation of strategies, processes and programs. Measures and reports on performance, and holds team accountable for achieving goals.
- Oversees and supports the professional development of the maintenance team members; motivates, coaches and develops a diverse, high performing and engaged team to meet established goals and build organizational capability.
- Responsible for development, implementation and analysis of working methodologies in order to improve factory efficiency and reliability, increasing asset utilization, reducing cost.
- Champions, drives and measures improvement initiatives to reduce equipment downtime, improve equipment availability, and improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), through establishment of predictive maintenance program.
- Applies Total Productive Maintenance framework, tools and techniques across extended supply chain.
- Effectively communicates change by championing within the site and network, prompting questions and promoting team-based behavior. Uses active listening and facilitation skills to ensure understanding and engage problem solving.
- Manages stockroom operation that provides repair parts for critical process equipment, as well as necessary consumables for the plant.
- Integrate CPI, Lean Manufacturing and TPM concepts into department operations, and utilize analysis tools to measure breakdown losses and other improvement tools.
- Responsible for setting the direction and change efforts.
- Responsible for assistance and oversight in maintaining yearly maintenance budget.
- Responsible to report food safety, quality and regulatory compliance to plant or division personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to support a long-term maintenance plan, with improvements in Reliability, KPIs and Cost savings.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and manage projects around process improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure systems (nitrogen, electrical, steam, compressed air).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices and SQF (Safe Quality Food) standards and compliance.
- Strong experience with plant maintenance software; Maintenance Connection preferred