||Director of Strategic Initiatives
|Reports to Title & Name:
We are home to a family of premium pet food and treat brands. For more than 100 years, we have delivered on the promise of doing whatever it takes to make the healthiest natural products for the pets that depends on us. Today, our team of animal lovers, nutritionists and vets are committed to carrying forth our strong heritage, continuing to find new ways to bring innovation, nutritional excellence and product quality to our family of natural brands, always putting pet health first. Within the last decade, we officially have become the #1 independent, 100% family-owned natural pet food company in the United States and remain focused on delivering great products and innovation that will continue to differentiate and drive growth for the pet specialty channel.
We are currently seeking to grow our Operations team with the addition of a Director of Strategic Initiatives. This individual will be based out of our Tewksbury, MA headquarters location and will report directly to the Vice President of Global Operations. Our Director of Strategic Initiatives will be a leader in orchestrating large supply chain projects and process improvements across our global locations. In particular, He or She will be a key business partner to IT for an upcoming major ERP upgrade project. This individual will be an integral member of the operations leadership team and will work in close collaboration with other high performing staff on strategic projects with impact on global operations.
- Drive the continuous improvement program for the Company
- Lead and participate in complex projects, managing timelines, driving activities and reporting on status and results
- Drive productivity programs for our production facilities and manage productivity programs company-wide
- Lead Operations project member for an upcoming major ERP upgrade with global implications
- Manage issues, risks, dependencies, overlaps and decisions across all projects managed under the EPMO
- Provide updates and escalate risks/issues/decisions to the ESC and communicate back to project leads
- Drive critical decision making and provide risk mitigation strategies on current initiatives
- Work with leadership and apply operational, financial and industry knowledge to identify and propose recommendations to address both critical business issues and growth opportunities
We are seeking the rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” with a strong aptitude for understanding strategic goals of the organization and building and executing the tactics to accomplish them. You should also bring:
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or a related manufacturing focused course of study.
- 15 years of experience working in manufacturing and corporate operations in a continuous improvement capacity is absolutely critical
- Critical thinker with the ability to see the big picture and have an understanding of how project objectives align with strategic objectives
- Ability to partner cross functionally to drive decision making
- Experience driving improvement in business processes
- Strong ERP system experience, preferably with implementation or upgrades as a business partner to IT
- Ability to work on complex projects to manage timelines, drive activities and report on status and results
- Ability to drive productivity programs for companies and factories.
- Hands on member to identify opportunity, facilitate working teams and report on results
- Experience in a global business environment
- Superior analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Effective relationship management with the ability to navigate political environment, motivate stakeholders and instill confidence
- Exceptional ability to balance creative thinking with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Resilient and positive attitude
- Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.