The Mission of the individual in this position will be to provide proactive financial analysis and recommendations to their internal customers in the Facility. This colleague will also be responsible for timely and accurate monthly financial reporting and forecasting of cash flows.
This person will require an excellent business, finance and accounting background with superb cost accounting skills. A creative approach to problem solving, fundamental and persuasive leadership skills with an aspiration for growth will be mandatory.
This position is for a hands-on professional who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues, who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions and work independently, with broadly defined work objectives.
- Proactively create, develop, implement and maintain financial based reporting.
- Evaluate, develop and maintain financial reporting tools that provide accurate and timely reporting to the appropriate colleagues.
- Assure the accuracy and timeliness of all financial statements.
- Mentors accounting staff and serves as a sounding board for handling accounting issues throughout the plant.
- Act as a consultant/advisor regarding financial cost information to operations colleagues.
- Educate end users on the value of the financial reporting tools and how the financial information can assist in making better business decisions.
- Return on asset and investment reporting.
- Fixed Asset tracking and reporting, to include Capital project tracking and payback analysis.
- Inventory tracking, costing, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Performs and monitors the month/quarter/annual close.
- Deal with personnel, legal and insurance issues as required.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a meaningful, formal education in Business Administration, including finance, accounting and economics.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing. Experience with bill of materials, inventory valuation, standard costing, and costing systems preferred.
- Extensive experience in MS Excel.
- Experience in Access, SQL database query language and Sage Accpac (ERP System) is a plus.
- Salary expected to be from $100,000 to $150,000, or other DOQ.
- The office would be in Los Banos at the Liberty facility.
- It is expected that the colleague would live within a 50-minute drive.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.